PowerEdge MX7000 Modular Chassis
Modular, software-defined infrastructure
Dynamically assign, move and scale shared pools of compute, storage and fabric, with greater flexibility and efficiency, and deliver optimal value.
Want more information? Get in touch with our team!
Tech Specs & Customization
5 rear- and 4-front-accessible hot-swap fans
Dimensions & Weight
307.4mm width (x)
482mm height (y)
811.6mm depth (z)
105lbs empty chassis weight
400lbs maximum weight
OpenManage Enterprise–Modular Edition (OME-Modular): running on up to 2 redundant MX9002m management modules
Unified control: single management point for server, storage and networking
Intelligent automation: Operational template methodology and comprehensive RESTful API
Quick Sync 2 Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)/wireless module
On the compute sled:
As every other PowerEdge server, the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) 9 with Lifecycle Controller (LC)
OpenManage Mobile (OMM)
OpenManage Power Center (OMPC)
Microsoft® System Center
BMC Software (available from BMC)
Ansible by Red Hat
Nagios Core and Nagios XI
Oracle Enterprise Manager
Microfocus Operations Manager (OM) and Operations Manager i (OMi)
IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus
I/O and Ports
Up to 2 pairs of redundant general purpose switch or pass-through bays (Fabrics A and B); redundant pair of storage specific switch bays (Fabric C)
Up to 25Gbps Ethernet, 32Gbps Fibre Channel, 12Gbps SAS
2 USB 2.0 Type A or KVM control (keyboard and mouse only)
1 USB 2.0 Type Micro-AB direct management port
1 Mini Display Port connector for video
System status LED
Ambient temperature icon
Dell ProSupport Plus for critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution; consulting and deployment offerings are also available. Contact your Dell representative today for more information.
7U modular enclosure with 8 full width slots for combination of compute and storage sleds
TPM 1.2/2.0 (optional)
Cryptographically signed firmware
Silicon Root of Trust
Up to 6 x 3000W; PSU and grid redundancy support
Liberate IT resources to achieve optimal utilization, productivity and efficiency
As dynamic and innovative as your business, PowerEdge MX kinetic infrastructure bridges traditional and software-defined data centers with unequal flexibility and agility. At the foundation, PowerEdge MX7000 chassis hosts disaggregated blocks of server and storage to create consumable resources on-demand. Shared power, cooling, networking, I/O and in-chassis management provides outstanding efficiencies.
- 7U modular enclosure with eight slots holds 2S single or four 4S double-width compute sleds and 12Gbs single-width storage sleds
- 25Gb Ethernet, 12Gb SAS and 32Gb Fibre Channel I/O options
- Three I/O networking fabrics, two general purpose and one storage specific, each with redundant modules
- Multi-chassis networking up to 10 chassis
- Single management point for compute, storage and networking
- High-speed technology connections, now and into the future, with no midplane upgrade
- At least three server processor microarchitecture generation support assurance
Dynamically scale and respond with kinetic infrastructure
Designed with Dell EMC’s kinetic infrastructure, PowerEdge MX creates shared pools of disaggregated compute and storage resources, connected by scalable fabric, from which workloads can draw resources needed to run most quickly and efficiently. Then when no longer needed the resources are returned into the pool. By essentially creating hardware on the fly the capacity can be managed at a data center level instead of a per server level.
- Full-featured, no compromise compute sleds with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors
- Generous, scalable on-board SAS, SATA, and NVMe storage drives, plus substantial, granular SAS direct-attached storage using optional storage sleds
- Scalable fabric architecture with a grow-as-you-need fabric expansion capability for up to 10 chassis in fabric.
Increase effectiveness and accelerate operations with unified automation
Embedded Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise – Modular Edition delivers the key abilities of OpenMange Enterprise systems management within the PowerEdge MX chassis. A unified simple interface manages compute, storage and fabric, reducing costs and the learning curve and consolidates multiple tools. Redundant management modules ensure highest availability.
- Automatic expansion from one to multiple chassis; scale management to thousands of PowerEdge MX and rack servers with OpenManage Enterprise
- Flexible, at-the-box management front control panel options include Quick Sync 2 (wireless), touchscreen LCD and traditional crash cart
- Comprehensive RESTful API helps automate multiple tasks and integrates to third-party tools
- Seamlessly integrates with integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 9 (iDRAC9) and Lifecycle Controller (LC)
Protect infrastructure and investment with responsive design
Reduce the risk of infrastructure investment and help make new innovations more easily available with PowerEdge MX7000 future-forward architecture. Designed to maximize longevity and minimize disruptive technology changes support across both generational and architectural transitions is provided.
- Multi-generational assurance with support for at least three server processor microarchitecture generations
- Nearly zero throughput limitations, providing high-speed technology connections, and well into the future, with no midplane upgrade
- Industry-leading thermal architecture and mechanical design and control algorithms support dense configurations and future compatibility